This page is a placeholder for topics for future topics that have been suggested. The idea is that a topic would be broad enough to allow for fruitful discussion for many weeks, but perhaps not so broad that we would never feel satisfied that we’d never finish it.
The next few topics will stick on the very broad category of information.
Conversation—what is it good for?
- Gödel’s incompleteness theorems
- The purpose of education
- Cognitive bias (potentially from the LessWrong sequences)
- Ancient Western Philosophies: Stoic, Cynic, Epicurean, Pythagorean
- Ancient Eastern Philosophies: Buddhist, Taoist, Vedic
- Selections from SlateStarCodex (starting here)
- Selections from RibbonFarm (starting here)
- Selections from Sebastian Marshall
- Intelligence: Artificial and Otherwise
- The History of Rationality
- The Canon, as it pertains to literature, philosophy, and so on
Possible Manifesto Season, looking at various manifestos that have been written over the centuries:
- The United States Declaration of Independence (1776)
- The Declaration of the Rights of Man and Citizen (1789)
- The Communist Manifesto (1848)
- The Anarchist Manifesto (1850)
- The Fascist Manifesto (1919)
- The Humanist Manifesto I, II and III (1933, 1973, 2003)
- The SCUM Manifesto (1968)
- For a New Liberty: The Libertarian Manifesto (1973)
We welcome suggestions; please comment on this post if you’d like anything to be added to this list.